Click the Links to Shop the Collection at MTYCI:
1. CHANEL Mini Flap Bag: Red 2. CHANEL Patent Caviar Tote: Bronze
3. CHANEL Reissue Accordion Flap Bag 4. CHANEL Chocolate Chain Tote
5. CHANEL Chain Belt with CC Charm 6. CHANEL Timeless Clutch
7. CHANEL Patent Leather CC Shoulder Bag 8. CHANEL Rare Red Double Flap Bag
9. CHANEL Petite Bowling Handbag
Even Prince Charming needs a little help in the wardrobe department, especially if he expects to dance with you at the ball!
Knight In Shining Armani at MTYCI
Click the Links to Shop the Collection:
1. John Cole Collection Travel Accessory Bag 2. Gucci Men’s Sunglasses
3. Roman Coin Cuff Links 4. Armani Men’s Wool Thick Knit Blazer 5. Hermes Men’s Tie 6. Portable Cube Speaker 7. John Cole Collection Croc Card Holder 8. Sterling Silver Money Clip 9. Armani Men’s Wool Sweater 10. Berluti Men’s Lace Up Oxfords 11. Gucci Men’s Lace Up Oxfords 12. Konstantino Sterling Chain Link Bracelet 13. Giorgio Armani Men’s Tie 14. Giorgio Armani Men’s Patterned Tie 15. Giorgio Armani Men’s Wool Knit Sport Coat
Choosing means deciding against one in favor of another—stop the madness: Have it all at MTYCI!
Pick Your Posen at MTYCI
Click the links to shop the collection:
1. Zac Posen Watercolor Dress 2. Zac Posen Zig Zag Skirt 3. Zac Posen Knit Off-The-Shoulder Dress 4. Zac Posen Tailored Sleeveless Dress 5. Zac Posen Knit Carnival Dress 6. Zac Posen Gold Knit Dress
Every girl that appreciates fashion and style knows the one thing worth splurging for is a piece that will stand the test of time. A bag, a pair of shoes, an item of clothing or an accessory that will always be “in style” is something you can feel comfortable investing in.
That being said, the Chanel 2.55 flap bag is the perfect example of an ultimately classic lifetime piece. The proof is in the name - 2.55 standing for the date it which it was created, February 1955. Coco Chanel revolutionized style in the 1920s when she designed handbags to free up your hands, hence straps! She was inspired by the straps found on soldiers’ bags, creating the signature chain and leather straps found on Chanel bags to this day.
Mademoiselle Chanel put a piece of herself and her heritage into the design of the Chanel 2.55 classic flap bag. She lost both of her parents at an early age and grew up in an orphanage. Legend holds that the red interior of the flap bag is the color of her uniform at the orphanage. The secret compartment inside the front flap is said to be where Chanel stashed love letters during an affair she had. The quilted pattern is rumored to resemble the uniforms of jockeys at the time, reflecting Coco Chanel’s love of horseback riding. The bag has carried these traditions and interests through the decades and holds onto these legacies to this day.
Fifty plus years later, this bag has only grown in popularity, and price for that matter. Currently, Chanel is so sought after they have been able to increase prices by twenty or so percent for the past five years and there is currently no end in sight. During an economic downturn, this fashion house has found a way for people to spend more money when they have less. Bags have more than doubled in price in just a few years and will only continue to go up in value, which in turn makes them more desirable. Its a tactic thats worked for them so far, so why stop now.
Chanel 2.55 Flap Bag Prices
2009 2011 2012
Medium $2695 $3900 $4400
Jumbo $2875 $4300 $4800
Maxi $3195 $4700 $5200
The production process is also something that has worked for the fashion house since the beginning, and a process they continue to this day. Mademoiselle Chanel firmly believed in the importance of hidden luxury and this principle has carried Chanel through the decades. There are seven steps in the production of the Chanel 2.55 flap bag, and most other Chanel bags: cut, quilt, assembly, shaping, turning out, chain and leather, packing. Once the pieces are cut and prepped it takes one of Chanel’s own master craftsmen over 10 hours of skilled work to hand-stitch and assemble one bag, then it is passed onto to a second craftsmen to turn out and complete the bag. Time, precision and skill contribute to the value and luxury of these bags.
Chanel has not only stood the test of time, but gained popularity over the half century it has existed. In fact, in 2005, commemorating the bags 50th anniversary, Karl Lagerfeld released a design replicating the original 2.55 flap bag exactly as Chanel originally made it and it proved even more popular than the original. Looking to an invest in a bag that will only gain value and prestige over time? The Chanel 2.55 classic flap bag has proved to be one such piece!
More Than You Can Imagine is pleased to announce our participation in the American Cancer Society’s Holiday Shopping Card.
Stop by the store, through November 4th, to receive 20% OFF your entire purchase when you use your Holiday Shopping Card (available here).